Underactive Thyroid: Symptoms, Causes And Treatment

thyroid

An underactive thyroid (or hypothyroidism) is where your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones.
The condition tends to affect older people, and is more likely to affect women than it is men.
Although it’s not always serious (in that it leads to chronic or fatal illness) it can have a massive impact on quality of life.
If left untreated, an underactive thyroid can lead to complications, including swelling of the thyroid (a condition called goitre), heart disease, mental health problems and infertility, according to the NHS.

According to the British Thyroid Foundation, one in 20 people will have a thyroid condition, so it’s important to recognise the symptoms and get help for it.
“An underactive thyroid means your thyroid gland isn’t producing enough thyroid hormone (thyroxine) for your body’s needs,” says Gwen Collins, chief nurse at Bupa.
“There are many symptoms of underactive thyroid, but tiredness, weight gain and feeling depressed are common signs. Other symptoms include feeling the cold easily, dry or pale skin, and brittle hair and nails.
What does the thyroid gland do?
The thyroid gland is found in the neck. It produces hormones that are released into the bloodstream to control the body’s growth and metabolism. These hormones are called thyroxine and triiodothyronine.
They affect processes such as heart rate and body temperature, and help convert food into energy to keep the body going.
Julia Priestley, development officer at the British Thyroid Foundation adds: “Typical symptoms are fatigue or tiredness, sensitivity to the cold, physical and mental slowness (some people describe this as a “brain fog”), dry skin and hair, low mood or depression and sometimes fertility problems.”


1 σχόλια

  1. I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid for 15 years.I tried different medications on drug treatments, but all to no avail. A precious friend told me about Dr. James herbal medicine. She gave me Dr.James email address,[drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com] I contacted him quickly and he  guaranteed me that his herbal medicine will help cure my underactive thyroid. and I will be cured forever I said Ok. I asked him about the healing process, he asked me to pay the fees which I did, in 2 days he prepared the herbal medicine and sent it to me. He instructed me on how to drink it in the morning and at night for two week. I told Pedro, my friend about the herbal medicine, so he gave me a go ahead to drink it. Then, after drinking for two weeks, my underactive thyroid was gone. I am very grateful and I promised that I would recommend anyone suffering from underactive thyroid to Dr. James and that is what I am doing. Dr. James herbal mixedl medicine made me believe that there is a permanent  cure  for diseases like  Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, cancer, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer, leukemia, cancer of lung, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, fibromyalgia,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Adrenocortical Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.Hiv_ AIDS, Herpes, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Cop. His medicine is easy to drink, with no side effects, he also advised me to increase my intake of fresh vegetables and fiber, which helps to maintain my regular bowel habits. And avoid eating foods high in potassium and magnesium
    Here is his contact information ... [Email ... drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Φόρμα επικοινωνίας

Όνομα

Ηλεκτρονικό ταχυδρομείο *

Μήνυμα *